Monday, July 22, 2013

July 18th, 2013

Holy cow!! I get my travel plans tomorrow! I am expected to leave on the 29th which is in 11 days!! Time is literally disappearing between my fingers! It feels just like yesterday that I was dropped off at the MTC curb side! Yesterday I was able to host for the incoming missionaries! I hosted 5 new elders. It was hard work! I definitely appreciated my host a lot more for his help afterwards. Okay, to answer last weeks question; who is Aminadi? Here is the answer that I found: In the brief explanation of the Book of Mormon it explains that at the start of the book of Mosiah major spiritual experiences were recorded in the Large Plates of Nephi because the Small Plates were filled. Mormon abridged the large plates to accommodate for the most important stories. The foot note takes you to Daniel 5 in which a similar story, I assume, takes place so there wasn't a need for Mormon to include a story that was already included in the Brass Plates that the Gentiles and Jews would already have. Rather neat story though! It's funny that you poke fun at my English because I have really struggled to structure my sentences right in English the last little while. I like to structure everything the same as Ilonggo, it is much easier! The language and grammar actually make sense, every one should speak it! For example the sentence Nagpanumbalik ang Dios sang ebanghelyo paagi kay Joseph Smith says that Through Joseph Smith, God restored the Gospel. However, the direct translation is: Restored God the Gospel through Joseph Smith. The general sentence structure is Verb Actor Object Location/Recipient. Ang marks the focus of the sentence. So great story! The night before Elder Parker left we ran into each other again! He happened to have his camera on him so hopefully it will make it your way eventually. Also the very next day I saw Doug Parker, I think. It was one of Elder Parker's older brothers, I am just not sure which one. Hopefully you hear about that too. Some great scriptures for this week are in the book of Alma, a couple of the last few chapters. The epistles between Captain Moroni and Pahoran are incredible. Also, Proverbs 31 is great! It describes the kind of woman I would like to marry in the future.
Grady - Sorry about Millsap! That's just how the NBA works I guess. How are the Angels doing? They weren't doing too hot when I left... Way cool about the Hungry Games though! To be honest I haven't been homesick. I hear from you all every week so it is fine! Friends that I have seen: Tori Ruesch, Logan Beck, Abby Godfrey, Sam Stratton and Ben Leiski (SP?). I really want to get to the Philippines! A bunch of my friends that I met here left on Monday for the Philippines and it made me want to go really bad!
Nate - Thanks for your confidence! You have grown a lot these last four weeks too! You are a great example to me and your other siblings! Keep it up and you will be far more prepared that I could have ever been for the Mission Field. 
Dad - Thank you so much for your email! I love the thoughts you send and the support you give me. Even though you didn't have the opportunity to serve a mission, I still think you are one fantastic missionary. Look at where you got me! Thank you for your example!
Mom - Swallows, yes I will be hosting next week. I will definitely look out for Elder Swallow! Tell him good luck with his talk for me!! Friends, yes they will make or break you. Thankfully, mine helped make me :) They are all wonderful! I have heard from Misty and Amber. Please send me pictures of the basement! I would love to see what progress is made. Glad to hear that my room is being used for something;) 3 Nephi 5:13 is a great scripture! President Hollist shared it with me before I left. You're welcome for the help in you personal progress! Anyway that is all for this email!!

Until next week!
Elder Carver out!

No comments:

Post a Comment