Sunday, July 7, 2013

July 4th

Kamusta Pamilya!!
Few things that I wanted to tell you. We started teaching two new investigators! They are JB and Girlie Longrono. We've only had two lessons each but they went really well!!! Yesterday we taught Girlie and the Spirit was so strong! We followed the prompting of the Holy Ghost and explained what the peaceful, warm "feeling" was. She was incredibly receptive to the Spirit and gladly accepted our challenge to pray about the Spirit. It was so GREAT! My learning finally picked back up by the way! I had discovered through a great deal of prayer that I hadn't fully turned myself over to the Lord. Some way cool scriptures to read: Mosiah 27 and 3 Nephi 18. I also learned an Ilonggo joke!!  ---- Why can't salt water go to heaven?   Because it's tubig asin!! (Tubig asin is salt water in Ilonggo).
Thank you so much for the package! The snacks and Dr. Pepper are much appreciated! Also, thank you Nanay and Ethan for the letters! Dad, don't worry too much about the letter I sent you, my conflict was resolved. I would like to hear your response still. Nate to further answer your question about the day in the life at the MTC, here is a typical schedule of my day:
6:20 - Arise, Get ready for the day
7:00 - 8:15 - Personal Study
8:15 - 8:45 - Breakfast
8:45 - 11:45 - Classroom Instruction (Investigator Lessons)
11:45 - 1:10 - language study
1:10 - 1:55 - Lunch
1:55 - 2:45 - Additional Study (Companion Study)
2:45 - 5:45 - Classroom Instruction (Investigator Lessons)
5:45 - 6:10 - Planning
6:10 - 6:55 - Dinner
6:55 - 7:10 - Technology Assisted Language Learning (TALL)
8:10 - 9:00 - Gym
9:00 - 9:30 - Prepare for Next Activity/ Companionship Prayer
9:30 - 10:15 - Personal Time
10:15 - 10:30 - Quite Time
10:30 - Lights Out.
Other things, we are fortunate enough to watch the fireworks this evening! The MTC gave the whole campus permission to watch! Please tell people to write me!  I would like to hear how all my friends are doing. Please tell all the family hello for me! Last, Ethan, I will write you a letter back, you might see it Saturday! Now, on to your emails.
Nate - I loved your Mewtwo quote!!! Hilariously applicable! Thank you so much for your example to me and the scriptures you have shared!
Grady - I don't know how to insult and I'm not sure I want to. Sorry we didn't get to play Heroscape.... Look at my schedule above, there isn't much free time for anybody.
Ali - I knew that you were my sister Ali :) Thank you for your example as well! I hope cheer is going well for you!
Mom and Dad, I hope to hear from you soon!  Best way for communication would be emailing me Wednesday evening or sending me a letter on Monday so that I can read everything before hand. Thank you so much for everything. Watch the Character of Christ by Elder Bednar! It is incredible!!!!
Palangga ta ka!!!
-Elder Carver

1 comment:

  1. Hi Christopher! It's great to be able to keep up with your news, I just wanted to let you know I love you and I hope you have a wonderful experience. I will keep reading this blog so I can keep up. You have turned out to be a fine young man thanks to your parents examples and your own good choices. And here I thought you'd be a little hellion, :) . Love you lots and I will keep in touch. Aunt Sandy

    ReplyDelete