Sunday, October 6, 2013

AUGUST 19, 2013

Hello to everybody!!

I hope that you are all doing well and still busy as usual! There are a few things that I wanted to share with you all this week! 

First. Sobre Init! That means "overly hot." It perfectly describes what this last week has been! There has only been one day that it rained in the last 6 and it was only for 10 minutes. It has been crazy hot! I have literally been dripping sweat off of my face all day and soaked from head to toe by the end of the day. It was really convenient though for drying my laundry:) 

Next. Sister BB. She didn't come to church again so her date has to be postponed... However, when we visited her this past Friday, her and her sister both expressed an extreme desire to come to the Lord through baptism. We are going back to Maroka to visit them tomorrow to teach them again. Hopefully all will go well and they will follow through on attending Church. That way they can fulfill their desires. 

Next. Sister B. She was one of the first people I met here in Fabrika. She is a wonderful sister who is less active. She has intense arthritis and isn't able to attend church very often because of the extremity of her arthritis. However, this last week we stopped by to visit and invite them to Church and Brother B said that Sister is really sick. It was definitely more than arthritis that she has. So yesterday afternoon we visited and she was indeed really sick. They don't have money to go to a doctor because Brother has been unemployed for a few months now. Bishop gave us authorization to offer a priesthood blessing though, so we plan on stopping by this week for that. We shared D&C 24:8 with here and told her that we would continue to visit frequently while she recovers and that God will be with her too if she continues to pray and read. The Spirit was so strong in that lesson and I know that they felt God's love and confirmation of our message. Please pray for her health!

Next. Sister M! She is a new investigator that we picked up last week and is progressing really fast! We have taught her three times already and before we could even invite her to church she was asking when our service was! I had prayed that morning that I would be able to open my mouth and that the Lord would place someone prepared for me in our paths. That was the result. What a testimony of faith! I am so grateful for that experience!! We teach her again on Wednesday about the Plan of Salvation.

Now onto your emails.

Ali-I hope all is well with you and that you are ready for another year in school! By the way, what is your expected graduation date? I may be home for it, maybe...

Grady- No we have not had any baptisms yet because we are basically building the area from the ground up. We had to start all over with the current investigators because the previous missionaries here didn't keep a record of what was taught and how many visits they had. But we have a few that are working towards baptism right now! Great school schedule! Good luck with your basketball endeavors! I hope you make the team.

Dad- I hope that we are able to go skiing when I get back too!! I missed that this last year..If you are looking for my area on the internet, your best bet would probably be looking up Cadiz Philippines. That is the real city near my area. Thanks for your scriptures that you have shared with me and I hope that you are doing fantastic!

Ethan- I am going to love getting home too! Sounds like you had fun with all of the family! Palangga ta ka!

Nate- Congrats on being so busy! What was the area that you went to for high adventure? That sounds way fun! President Hollist taught me something once pertaining to D&C 4. God qualifies whomever he calls. You were called to serve in the Youth Conference Counsel so he qualified you! Never feel inadequate of whatever God places before you. Anyway, way to go! I always knew that you were a stud! Dancing with a pretty girl! The Philippines is great, and unusually dry, even if I am sweating a lot.... I will continue to update you! Take care bro!

Mom- Basketball starts this week so I will take it easy. I am a ref anyway, not actually playing so no worries. We will use the church hoops of course! They are outdoors here but still usable! We don't know how many people yet, hopefully a lot! A keeps coming but he is what we call a casual investigator. He likes to listen and follows through mostly but doesn't want to be taught individually. It makes it difficult but soon. I know he will become a progressing investigator soon! There aren't very many places to buy shoes here and my feet are huge here so I doubt there would be my size anyway. I will talk to President Lopez though and get back to you. I haven't heard about your wood shoe tree idea but it sounds cool. I will look into that. There was a typhoon? It has been so dry that I wondered if there was even weather! We walk most everywhere except to get to Maroka. We take a Ceres Bus to get to Ribotan and then walk from there. Other than that, it is all walking. It has been great though! I have already lost at least 10 pounds! I dropped one belt knotch and my jeans have a hard time staying up! (found out about that this morning!). Glad to hear that Jed was able to get though airport security:) and that Wes got home safe! Glad to hear that the Grows are doing much better! Send them my regards! That's crazy what happened to Josh though! I hope he recovers quick! Why do you need another car? Did one break down? Please tell Brother Rivera hello for me! He is a great man and example to us all! I hope all went well with the family this weekend! Tell them hello as well. HaloHalo is fantastic idea! I love it here. You are exactly right! I was very blessed to have Alison in my life! She is always so happy and a wonderful example! Tell the Swallows hello too! I hope all is going well for them! Let me know what happens next Sunday!!! I want to know why you have an emergency stake conference! Maybe President Monson is visiting....:) Thank you for your scriptures! I love them! I do have an idea for you actually! Pick one topic to focus on this time reading through and only highlight verses pertaining to that topic with one color. Make sure you write in the margines why you highlighted it though or you may forget down the road. Anyway, I hope all is well and that you continue to prosper in the ways of the Lord.Take care!

Elder Carver.




No comments:

Post a Comment