Sunday, October 6, 2013

SEPTEMBER 22, 2013

Hello Everybody!

So, I had a GREAT week this week! Holy Cow! I don't even know where to begin! How about the baptism yesterday? Yes. Yesterday was R's baptism! It was such a great experience and absolutely amazing. The spirit was so strong, the talks were fantastic and the Baptismal Proper was successful:) Let me tell you the whole story. We showed up 15 minutes early (7:45 AM) to check the font and set everything up. The Baptism was scheduled for 8:00, just an hour before church, and when we got there the water was absolutely filthy!!!! It was green and had a film on the top! We were really concerned that it wasn't exactly sanitary, but the Bishop assured us it is fine. We found out that our font is filled with water comming from the river and it flooded on Saturday so that is why it is was green. The logic didn't make sense to me either, don't think about it too much. Anyway, nobody showed up until 8:30... including R.So we gave her two options, we could proceed as planned and start church a little late or postpone her baptism until 4:00 that day. She didn't want to wait and wasn't phased by the green water so we decided to proceed as planned! Anyway, the baptism was fantastic and spiritual! I was the fortunate one selected to baptize R :) It was so neat to see the fruit of our labors! I was hesitant of the water but figured "What the heck? I am performing a sacred ordinance for the Lord, why would I get sick?" Guess what? I didn't get sick either! 

Zone conference was great! I see that you saw the pictures! I had a great time there and learned a ton on the Atonement. It was a very uplifting and encouraging training in preparation for the Mission Tour with Elder Neilson next month. I did get to see a few of my batchmates from the MTC too! I spent most the day with Elder Pack (other MTC district), I got a brief chance to speak with Elder Minson, his conference was the day before, I also got a brief second to talk with Sister Young and Sister Hemi. They are all doing really well and were super happy to be there! They all had the same thing to say about me. It was the first thing out of their mouths too. "You look so different!!" Yes, I look very different. I am still me but a whopping 23 pounds lighter!!! WHAT? I have lost 23 pounds in 6 weeks. That's why my shirts and pants are getting baggy....:) 23 pounds is the official weight loss because the Mission office has a scale. But I am averaging roughly 7 pounds every other week! Shoot! At this rate there won't be an Elder Carver to come home! Now, this is going to seem incredibly ironic, but that same night I got to eat.... MCDONALDS!!! It has never tasted so good! I think I realized how much I miss eating American food. But that was all right:) 

Dad- Thanks for clarifying why I haven't got emails from you the last two weeks! I was concerned for a little bit;) Anyway, sounds like you are finally kicking everything into gear for our little competition, but I got a solid 6 weeks on you now and am only 195 pounds. I broke 200 going the other way. Transfers. They can happen at any time but the next scheduled transfer for the whole mission is at the end of October. I am glad that you feel like a part of my mission, I am doing this for all of us! The Priesthood is amazing! I love it:)

Grady- It would not be good to get hit by a car. That is why I am careful:) They are a little crazy here, but that is why we don't ride bikes. Each area is assigned to a certain ward. So I attend the Fabrika ward every Sunday. There is no missionary ward, that would just be a social hour, not church. 

Ali- What happened!! Why did you get into a wreck? I am glad you are safe and I am sorry about the car. Mom sent me pictures and it looks pretty bad. I hope you get a new one soon too! Just be careful. I hope cheer and school are going really well for you! Read D&C 50:40. It helped me turn to the Lord and ask for help in all things!

Nate- Apocrypha. Look it up in the Bible dictionary as well as Canon. Record your thoughts. Find where the Apocrypha is located and then send everything back to me. Your scriptures are great! I love reading them, ironically they always seem to be where I just read too... weird... but cool! Say hello to Adam for me! I hope he is recovering quickly!

Ethan- No email this week...:( But, something way cool! I saw this little spider in the shape of an 'X'. They are good yo-yo's I hear. I thought you would think they were pretty cool and funny. Also, we have a new toko! He is little and way cool looking:) I want to hear from you next week!

Mom- You ask so many questions! Don't know why I got sick, definitely not the water though. That would be worse than just sick. Conference was great. No general authority this time, that is on the tour only. I don't exactly know who does all the cooking... but it is good food! I am glad you found me in a few pictures! Elder Parry is doing great. We are striving to become better missionaries every day! He kinda reminds me of Nate, which is way cool! It feels like I have my brother as my companion:) Sammy is doing great and a huge help. He works in Manapla during the week so we don't see a lot of him then, just the weekends. He is 24. The church building is like a small meeting house in the middle of nowhere North Dakota. It is really small but very well kept and probably the nicest building in the whole region. Schedule changes every day but we are always out proselyting by 1 or 2 every day. Studies every morning. Nothing too special. Lots of Ilonggo! I love it. A and M doing great! A came to church again and now qualifies for baptism if she gets married. We are working on that currently. M still didn't come... dang it. I lead about 60% of our discussions and that number keeps climbing. J is really busy and hasn't been an active listener. But hopefully soon because Sister M came to Church!! That was way exciting to see:) R is 13. Exactly one day younger than Grady! Definitely a small world! I am glad that everyone is okay as well. I wish leaves would change colors here! That would probably scare everybody though:) Have fun at the Corn maze! I did hear that Haley got here mission call! Tell her congrats for me if you see her soon! I hear from a bunch of people every week but don't have the time to email them all every week so I have to alternate weeks. Thanks for the hymn! I learned that one in Ilonggo:) I may have to share it when I get home:) Thanks for your prayers! I can feel them every day!

Until Next week!

Elder Carver

No comments:

Post a Comment