Sunday, October 6, 2013

JULY 27, 2013

So, Saturday night prior to leaving the MTC. We were given permission to email our families while doing whatever laundry we had left to do. Needless to say, here I am!! I just wanted to thank you all for all of your support. I love getting my weekly emails and letters from all the many people that send them. I love you all and enjoy hearing what is happening in your realm of the world. I have been so blessed here at the MTC and I am sad to say goodbye to many of the people I am. I have grown to love all of the people here! I know that I will love the Filipino people just as much, if not more. I have witnessed so many miracles here and know I will witness many more to come. Tomorrow during my sacrament meeting, Districts 45A and 45H will be singing a departure musical number. That is both the Ilonggo districts (I am 45H). We will be singing I Need Thee Every Hour. That song is so powerful!! It is also a testimony to what I know to be true. A couple other Hymns that have really impacted me here are Hymns 112 and 268. If you don't know the tune, I invite you just read and ponder the lyrics. They are so powerful! If you do know the tune, I would invite you to sing it. There is an unknown power in the Hymns of the Lord. Sing them often, even if you are like me and aren't very musically inclined. I sent a few pictures home, I hope you enjoy them!! Nate, feel free to wear the Philippines shirt! I only wore it a few times;) I love you all and can't wait to talk on Monday!!! Until then, take care and confide in the scriptures. A few that have really impacted me lately are John 8, Moroni 7;10, and Alma 18. Please read them when you have time. They all testify of the love of God and the power of the Gospel. I would like to share with you my testimony in Ilonggo one last time before I become immersed in that language for the duration of my mission.
Kabalo ako nga, matuod ang Simbahan ni Jesukristo sang mga Santos sa Ulihing mga Adlaw, Kabalo ako nga, matuod ang Libro ni Mormon kag pagpasag-uli ni Jesukristo. Kabalo ako nga ginpanumbalik sang Dios ang kamatuoran paagi kay Joseph Smith kag Manluluwas si Jesukristo kag buhi sia. Kabalo ako nga, palangga kita sang Dios kag kilala kita ni Jesukristo. Sa ngalan ni Jesukristo, Amen.
Palangga ta ka!!!
Elder Carver

No comments:

Post a Comment