Sunday, October 6, 2013

SEPTEMBER 15, 2013

Hello Everybody!

Wow, we had a fast week this week, which is weird because we got sick... I am fine now, we think it was just something we ate but we were down Wednesday and Thursday all day. It wasn't very fun but was not serious. That means, Mom, don't worry about me because I bounced back into full swing and am really healthy now. On the bright side, being sick allowed me to almost finish Doctrine and Covenants! I just have the official declarations left. Anyway onto our work for this week. We taught the usual Maroka crew and everything went well but still no church attendance.. A comes every week though and so that was way happy! However, the pinnacle of the week came from yesterday when......... R PASSED HER BAPTISMAL INTERVIEW!!! We will now be having her baptism this coming Sunday before church so that she can be confirmed the same day! How exciting is that!! We are praying that her baptism being the same day as church will get all her family in Maroka to church this week! I guess I should also mention that neither of us got transferred! That was a huge relief on our part. We only taught Sister M once this week but are returning tomorrow for our scheduled lesson. That 'bout sums up what our week was! I got more cool pictures, still unable to send them:( 

This week we have a mission conference in preparation for our mission tour by a general authority. That will be Thursday and Wednesday for us because we live so far away from Bacolod, but it will be good. It is still hot and sweaty but enjoyable work nonetheless! We have so much help from the ward missionaries! We did also get a new Ward Mission Leader. Sony got released because he is living in Bacolod now and his younger brother, Sammy, was called to be the new WML. They are way cool and fun to work with. Sammy is a RM so he is way talented at teaching and we always appreciate his help. Now onto your emails.

Ethan- You bust me up! I love your emails because they show me that my little brother is still the same! I love them. Have fun in school, I love you too buddy!

Grady- We walk most of the time. We could have bikes if we wanted but we would likely be hit by other vehicles when we are on the main highway and would be off roading the rest which is the majority of our traveling. I will get #5 for you! It looks way cool! I had a less active member design the jersey because he is way good at it. You will like it I think! Let me know how the BYU-Utah game goes!

Ali- How is your Jr. year going so far school wise? 

Nate- The ER!? I am glad you are doing better but that is kinda scary! Your pictures of Homecoming look great! I am glad to hear that you had a good time. Thanks for the scripture, I actually read that one yesterday! Priesthood power is incredible! I am glad that you recognized that power so quickly because it is real and it is wonderful. I am still waiting for the Apocrypha bit...... Also, when is your debate season starting? 

Mom and Dad- See my above bit about transfers. We didn't have anymore critters:) We have zone trainings once a month and we have zone conferences randomly. Not much of a schedule for ZCs. Let Adam know I am praying for him! He is a great example of keeping a positive attitude and I know he will recover in the Lord's timing. Questions: P-Days- My favorite part about them is emailing everybody! It gives me a lot of strength for the week to come. Favorite place to eat- Mang Inasal. It is resturant chain here. Serves great food plus that is where I can get my halohalo. My favorite place to be- The top of Maroka! It is a beautiful view there! I have lots of pictures from up there and can't wait to show you them! Temple- on my way out of the Philippines I am supposed to get to go to the Manila temple! Only once though... I look forward to going again! Hardest part- Mom, you nailed it! That really is the hardest part. I don't think it is that hard but I miss my family and friend and my music. I didn't think I would miss music as much as I do. Most surprising thing- How much English everybody speaks! If I am struggling to speak Ilonggo, they will try their English! Just like Alden's email, it is a nice thing but sometimes I would like Ilonggo only. Biggest change- my size! Literally, my size has gotten much smaller. I wish pictures worked for that too. I actually need to wear a belt now because my pants are getting too big! Sounds like Nate is doing much better. Anyway, thanks for your thoughts on Section 76! My question was concerning to verse 74 and how it pertains to the application of temple work. I have prayed though and found an answer that satisfies my question for now. Section 131 and 132 though were great assistants in answering my questions and solidifying my standard of a temple marriage. Thanks for your great examples! Random thought, Dad, how is your elbow? When I left it was nasty looking and still a gaping hole. Is it better? Also what kind of thing would you like from the Philippines? I think I have figured other things out for everybody else!

That's all for today! Until next week,

Elder the-one-and-only-Carver!

No comments:

Post a Comment